Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Update: Imprisoned Blogger Phillip Rizk is Free

Yesterday evening I received an email from an old schoolmate of Rizk's who wrote,

"Word just came out that Philip has been released and is now safely back with his family. Thank you again for your participation and help, we are all breathing a sigh of relief."

...I tried to log on to Rizk's blog, Tabula Gaza to get more information but it appears to now be invitation only. After this ordeal who could blame him? It seems that the Egyptian government had been keeping track of Rizk for some time before his arrest. Still, I am sad that another voice in support of Palestine has been muted.

So while I am incredibly happy about his release I am left with the question:

What is the cost for supporting the Palestinians globally?

No comments:

Post a Comment